Monday, February 15, 2010

The Dragon of Trelian

Michelle Knudsen
Candlewick Press 2009

An awkward mage's apprentice, a young princess with a secret, two enemy kingdoms making peace with a royal wedding, evil forces that will do anything to start the war anew...

...and a dragon.

You may have seen all these story elements before, but you've never seen them put together quite like this. Michelle Knudsen's first novel brings to life a fresh world of magic and danger. I thoroughly enjoyed this engaging and very fun read. The suspense at times was absolutely unbearable---I was squealing and stomping my feet, having to force myself to read line by line instead of skipping down the page to make sure everything turns out all right.

I hope Michelle Knudsen writes more novels. I want to read them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment